Nov 25, 2018 | admin | Blog
How CBD Can Help Relieve Back Pain
Back pain has no age. It could be prevalent in a teenager or an 80-year old elderly. Over 80 percent of the population is likely to suffer from lower back pain at some point in their lives. About a third or more than two million people in Canada suffer from back pain.
In another research-based survey conducted in Canada, 48.4% of participants suffered from chronic lower back pain.
There is an astonishing number of people who choose to suffer in silence, before finally seeking help from a doctor. Back pain could occur for numerous reasons, from a bad posture to high-impact activity over a long duration of time.
While there may be many treatments for back pain, the most common is the use of opioids. But is this narcotic the answer?
While it helps with back pain, there is a long list of side effects associated with the use of opioids including the highly addicting nature of the drug itself. There are a huge number of deaths that have resulted due to opioids overdose—8,000 suspected opioid-related deaths between January 2016 and March 2018. In such a scenario, the use of CBD for relieving back pain is the safest option.
CBD: The Rescue from Back pain
- Increases Endocannabinoids: The endocannabinoid system plays a significant role in maintaining the systems of our body, digestion, moods and pain. While the natural cannabinoids are produced by ECS, CBD works with increasing its concentration in our body.
- No side effects: Unlike the many other medications for treating back pain, CBD is generally free of any side effects.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: As per research, CBD suppresses inflammatory response, which makes it useful for treating back pains.
- Increases serotonin: In many cases, back pain can trigger neuropathic pain as well. A herniated disc could press against a nearby nerve, causing pain. This neuropathic pain can radiate down to the leg and arm causing immense discomfort. CBD helps to reduce neuropathic pain by increasing the level of serotonin in the body.
- Surgery or CBD? The Better Choice: Individuals who want to avoid the use of continuous pharmaceuticals or surgery in the worst case, can always switch to the use of CBD.
It can be used in the form of CBD hemp oil, which can be applied on your back, and a few drops under your tongue, which is the quickest way to get it in the bloodstream.
The use of CBD has been the choice of the majority of people who want to get rid of their back pains once and for all. In case you are having trouble finding a legal cannabis supplier, contact us for resolving your query.